The Prospector

The Prospector

The Prospector

Choir Spring Show

The Cupertino High School Choir lit up the auditorium with singing, acting and dancing on May 23, 24 and 25 during their annual spring show.

The women’s Cantabile choir took the stage first, performing songs from the musical “Hairspray.” They threw it back to the 1960s dressed in schoolgirl outfits, singing classics such as “Good Morning Baltimore” and “Mama, I’m a Big Girl Now.”

Following “Hairspray,” the men’s Chorale choir showcased renditions of Elvis Presley’s hit songs, including “Jailhouse Rock” and “Hound Dog.”

The women’s Cantos choir performed next, dancing and singing to ABBA’s popular tracks. The performance featured a myriad of songs, ranging from “Money Money” and “Thank You for the Music,” concluding with the famous “Dancing Queen.”

Said Cantos choir member Bhupali Jain, “We had multiple lunch and tutorial rehearsals on top of class, but in the end it was worth it because I feel like we really pulled our show together.”

The mixed Cappella choir closed out the show with a dramatic performance of “The Phantom of the Opera.” The production was complete with intricate costumes, elaborate props and solo performances, showcasing each student’s vocal talent.

Riko Hatanaka has been a four year veteran of choir and Capella soloist.

“Starting my freshman year in choir online singing in zoom boxes and recording videos in my living room for shows, I can’t believe this is my last year performing with everyone on stage for the Phantom of The Opera,” Hatanaka said.
“I was able to meet so many people in choir and made lifelong friends, I will definitely miss everyone in the program next year!”